Software Test Engineer
(International Opportunity- Relocation Required)
At Cognizant, we are dedicated to helping the worlds leading companies build stronger businesses — helping them go from doing digital to being digital. With the capacity to support various clients, we offer a world of opportunities for both professionals and graduates. You can expect five-star training, a chance to realize your career goals, and a range of benefits.
As a Software Test Engineer will be part of multi-disciplinary and globally distributed Agile/Scrum teams and must be good communicators with customers and other project stakeholders. They must also exhibit strong debugging and problem-solving skills along with experience working with engineering approaches.
We are looking for a confident Tester with at least 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Build advanced automated test suites to exercise our world-class applications
- Work with the development and other engineering teams to automate testing, applying risk-based strategy
- Conduct research on emerging technologies
- Analyse and decompose complicated software systems and design a strategy to test these systems
- Work with Product Owner and Business Analyst to craft user story acceptance criteria
- Perform time boxed exploratory testing
- Maintain regression test suite in QA nightly build
- Actively refine smoke test suite in Development CI environment
- Lead system integration testing with other system owners
- Manage user acceptance testing
- Manage defect life cycle, test artefacts and repository
- Drive continuous improvement in agile testing practices and tools
- Take on secondary role as an Application Performance Engineer or Application Security Engineer
- Conduct static and dynamic application security testing (SAST and DAST)
- Conduct load and performance testing to identify systems bottleneck
- Minimum 3 years experience in application exploratory testing and regression test automation, application performance testing, and/or application security testing
- Meticulous attention to details
- Good analytical, interpersonal, presentation and listening skills
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines
- Experience with open source penetration testing tools like ZAP, Burp Suite, SQL Map, etc or enterprise level pentest tools (HP WebInspect, Nessus or CheckMarx)
- Experience in agile development environment will be an added advantage
- Certified Software Testing Professional and/or Certified Software Quality Analyst will be an added advantage
- Good communication skills
- Good work ethic
- Ability to work both independently as well as in team
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Good team player
- Opportunity to be part of a global organization focused on development
- Open-minded and multinational environment
- Training & development opportunities
- Professional development and clear career path
- Extensive benefits package: medical healthcare & life insurance
- Assistance in moving to Singapore
Throughout your journey as a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that the CI/CD, testing, and production environments are operating correctly, as well as containerizing our applications and migrating them to the client’s private cloud. If you...
As a Senior Java Developer working with us, your role will involve delivering end-to-end solutions for digital OSS/BSS, network functions, and Big Data environments. Your contribution will enable our clients to improve their digital processes and deliver better...