Software Engineer - Front End
Do you love creating innovative solutions for customers?
Thomson Reuters Labs is looking to set up a new Lab in Gdańsk. We are seeking a passionate Software Engineer to join this new team, bringing solid expertise in Machine Learning techniques and interested at building data-driven capabilities that drive transformation. As a member of Thomson Reuters Labs in Gdańsk, you will have a direct impact on our company by helping to create new and innovative capabilities that will delight our customers.
What does Thomson Reuters Labs do?
We experiment, we build, we deliver. We support the organization and our customers through applied research and the development of new products and technologies. TR Labs innovates collaboratively across our core segments in Legal, Tax & Accounting, Government, and Reuters News.
As a Software Engineer at Thomson Reuters Labs in Gdańsk, you will be part of a global interdisciplinary team of experts. We hire specialists across a variety of AI research areas, as well as Engineering and Design, to drive the company’s digital transformation.
Is this you? Come join us!
About the Role
In this opportunity as a Software Engineer, you will:
- Develop and Deliver: Applying modern software development practices, you will be involved in the entire software development lifecycle, building, testing and delivering high-quality solutions.
- Solve Complex Problems: You will create large scale data processing pipelines to help researchers build and train novel machine learning algorithms. You will develop high performing scalable systems in the context of large online delivery environments.
- Be a Team Player: Working in a collaborative team-oriented environment, you will share information, value diverse ideas, partner with cross-functional and remote teams.
- Be an Agile Person: With a strong sense of urgency and a desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, you will deliver solutions against strict timelines.
- Be Innovative: You are empowered to try new approaches and learn new technologies. You will contribute innovative ideas, create solutions, and be accountable for end-to-end deliveries.
- Be an Effective Communicator: Through dynamic engagement and communication with cross-functional partners and team members, you will effectively articulate ideas and collaborate on technical developments.
Essential skills & experience
- Have a Bachelor of Science degree, computer science or related field
- At least 2 years software engineering experience, ideally in the context of machine learning and natural language processing
- Experience and understanding of Python software development stacks and ecosystems, ideally also experience with other programming languages and ecosystems.
- Can understand, apply, integrate and deploy Machine Learning capabilities and techniques into other systems.
- Are familiar with the Python data science stack through exposure to libraries such as Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, Dask, spaCy, NLTK, scikit-learn
- Take pride in writing clean, reusable, maintainable and well-tested code
- Have a desire to learn and embrace new and emerging technology
- Are familiar with probabilistic models and have an understanding of the mathematical concepts underlying machine learning methods
Preferred skills & experience
- Demonstrate proficiency in automation, system monitoring, and cloud-native applications, with familiarity in AWS or Azure (or a related cloud platform)
- Had previous exposure to Natural Language Processing (NLP) problems and have familiarity with key tasks such as Named Entity Recognition (NER), Information Extraction, Information Retrieval, etc.
- Can understand and translate between language and methodologies used both in research and engineering fields
- Have been successfully taking and integrating Machine Learning solutions to production-grade software
Whats in it for you
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. In addition to rewarding and challenging work with exceptional colleagues, we offer the following benefits for your personal and professional growth:
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid work environment (in-office & home)
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension, Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
- Learning & Development through company sponsored access to learning, mentorship and networking programs
- Get a 360° view of Thomson Reuters: Thomson Reuters Labs is a microcosm of the entire corporation, giving employees who work here:
- Accelerated growth in cross-business knowledge.
- A rich internal network, including senior leadership representing all customer segments and functions.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
IT CONNECT Sp. z o.o.
Writing and delivering quality code Working closely with the team to produce high-quality software solutions Hands-on experience developing server-side C# code Extensive knowledge of working with SQL (MsSQL or other) Good knowledge of web development (HTML, CSS,...
Aktualnie poszukujemy osób na stanowisko: W swojej pracy będziesz odpowiedzialny za: Współtworzenie i projektowanie odzieży zgodnej z linią stylistyki marki Vistula, Dobór materiałów, kolorów i akcesoriów do kolekcji, Monitorowanie jakości wykonania...