Senior ICT Assistant
Ogłoszenie numer: 7887357, from 2023-01-25
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and worksv closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
IOM has been active in Poland since 2002 under an agreement with the Polish government and conducts various migration programs, including activities supporting the integration of male and female migrants into Polish society. IOM in Poland implements projects aimed at the private sector to promote ethical recruitment, respect for the rights of migrants and migrant women as well as the elimination of forced labour from value chains and the prevention of human trafficking.
Senior ICT Assistant
Reference No.: PLVN22-027
Under the general supervision of the Mission of IOM Poland, the direct supervision of Resource Management Officer (RMO), and in close coordination with the Regional ICT Officer and ICT Central Team, the incumbent will be responsible for the implementation, administration, monitoring and functionality of the Information Communication and Technology (ICT) infrastructure and systems in Poland, as well as support the operations of the USRAP hub in the country.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Supervise, coordinate, and report on ICT human resources, assist in recruitment of ICT staff, and provide technical guidance to ICT Staff in the Mission.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the ICT unit in San Salvador Office and the Northernm Triangle, ensuring that all requests are addressed timely and accurately, with an efficient allocation of resources.
- Coordinate the vendor selection processes for both the mission office. This includes participating in the sourcing of vendors, analyzing bids and products, and selection of successful provider.
- To coordinate and make recommendations to the Logistics/Procurement Officer in the purchase and maintenance of IT/Communication equipment of the mission.
- Support Project Managers in evaluation of technical requirements and specifications for project proposals with an ICT component.
- Coordinate and attend to all ICT support while ensuring that requests are answered appropriately via email, telephone call or in person.
- Ensure the implementation and compliance with the global ICT standards and policies.
- Ensure the required performance and stability of network services and servers (LAN, WAN,
- VMWare, Identity and Access Management solutions, Exchange/Messaging, File Server or Cloud Hosting solution, DHCP, Internet and VPN, modern device management, etc.), to prevent and minimize downtime or service interruptions.
- Coordinate and support the installation, operation and administration of network components, which will include Cisco Routers, Firewalls and Switches at the mission level.
- Managing and monitoring the mission’s communication systems/equipment including, land-lines, mobile lines, PABX, Internet access, LAN, WAN, video conference services, HF/VHF Radios and all other communication related matters.
- Monitor proactively, identify gaps, and provide recommendations to address any associated mrisks to minimize downtime and maximize effective utilization of organizational IT resources.
- Ensure data and system integrity by setting up, administrating, and monitoring IT security systems: anti-virus, backup routines, patching, access controls and physical security.
- Coordinate, install and monitor the functioning of standard corporate applications (Including but not limited to Windows 10, Windows server 2012+, MS 365, IOM-specific software, and other related services or products).
- Coordinate and deliver end-user training when required.
- Support the proper management of ICT asset inventory Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Computer science, or any other degree in relevant field from an accredited academic institution with at least four years of experience or;
- High school diploma with six years of experience.
- Relevant industry Certifications such as Microsoft (Windows Server), Cisco (CCNA+), ITIL, CompTIA and others will be an asset.
Experience and Skills
- Experience in Windows Server system administration and LAN/WAN networking environment
- Extensive experience in direct user technical support and computer, network and communication equipment troubleshooting
- Work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government organizations in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage
- Team-work oriented, capacity to work independently; personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, experience in working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong coordination, monitoring and evaluation, analytical, project development, liaison and reporting skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English are a distinct asset
- High level of computer literacy
- Knowledge of SAP highly desirable
- Ability to prepare clear and concise report
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Fluency in English and Polish is required (oral and written)
- IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link (https://www.iom.int/sites/g/files/tmzbdl486/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf)
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioral indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking & vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Poland will be eligible for consideration.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM. Candidates may also be requested to provide documentary evidence of academic degree(s), professional licenses, and proof of no criminal records as relevant to the requirements of the position advertised.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.
Logwin Poland Sp. z o.o.
Wojkowice (pow. wrocławski, gm. Żórawina)
Jakie zadania na Ciebie czekają? Wsparcie działów operacyjnych w zakresie obsługi systemów informatycznych dla logistyki (rozwiązywanie bieżących problemów związanych z działaniem i obsługą aplikacji – głównie WMS) Wsparcie działów operacyjnych w...
Polcode Sp. z o.o
Currently, we’re looking for Senior Developers to join our team and drive modern software delivery, release quality code, and collaborate across forward-thinking teams. We value soft skills as well as coding chops, and all our projects take an agile approach to...